About

21 February 2013

So I DID buy a sewing machine. A Singer Stylist. I even managed to thread it and wind a bobbin and all those things I forgot how to do over the past couple of years without wanting to throw it out the window. I'ts amazing what a quality machine can do for functionality.

Anyway, in my true fashion I've dove off the deep end. I already have about 6 or 7 patterns and a growing little stash of fabric. I've already cut the pattern for my first "project". I put this in quotes bc I think it was a tad ambitious in that it requires a knit and darting and zippers and interfacing and omg... I just remembered I've never sewn anything other than headbands and pillows before! In all seriousness I think I'm going to be nervous and put if off for a bit. But not to worry my other starter project while also knit is MUCH more basic.

If it weren't almost 2am I'd bother to find and add the pattern listings for those curious but as I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that reads this (since I just started writing in it again...) I'm going to go to bed instead :)

Hopefully by the next time I update I am well on my way to having a handmade dress.

Anyone have ideas on the best way to store patterns? I obviously cannot refold... as that would require some serious wizardry.

No comments:

Post a Comment